animation strategies

More Modelling

More Mushrooms!

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 13.48.37 Wireframe render of some additional mushrooms modeled for the campsite scene. They are more high poly than I would like, especially on the stalks which I know can be reduced further, but I did not have time to go back and edit them before they were used in the scene.

Dead Body

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 14.24.24

One of the body rigs I posed for use in the campsite scene. With this render I was able to practise lighting and even from doing this one shot I feel I have learned a little.

Warning Sign

Another model for the campsite scene, a wooden sign which will be UV Mapped to have a ‘warning’ slogan on it.

 

The main components of the sign were modelled from cubes and cylinders.

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 14.45.24Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 14.43.34

The leaves and mushrooms are my previous models. I was experimenting with making grass with xgen but ultimately decided to remove it as I didn’t want it to look different than the grass in the scene. I also experimented with assigning textures and bump mapping the wood as well as making the edges of the planks rough and splintered.

 

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I understand that our scene is in a quite low poly style and the cartoony sign fits in just fine but I still think given the time I would like to try and give this a more realistic look.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s